Spray Tanning at Makeover Palace beauty salon in Kidlington, Oxford
A spray tan is a safe way to look bronzed and sun-kissed and at Makeover Palace hair & beauty salon in Kidlington we use only the very best spray tan solution.
The old days of ‘orange’ looking skin are long gone thanks to developments in false tan product formulations and application equipment.
If you’re looking to achieve a golden flawless fake tan then book in now for a professional spray tan at ubuntu.
Read on to find out all about our spray tanning service which is popular with men and women.
Why Have a Spray Tan?
- Safe – no UVA/UVB to damage your skin
- Natural looking – different strengths to suit your skin type
- Good for you – no wrinkles just nourishing/moisturising ingredients
- Confidence boosting – you’ll love the way it makes you look and feel
Spray Tanning Services Near Kidlington
Before A Spray Tan at Makeover Palace beauty salon, Kidlington, Oxford
To get a gorgeous professional tan there are a few things you can do to help your therapist achieve a beautiful even glow and keep your colour for longer.
1. Shave at least 24 hours before your treatment or 48 hours if waxing. This time allows pores to close properly and stop tell-tale dotting that can appear after your tan application.
2. Once hair-free, exfoliate 24 hours before to gently buff away dry skin. Removing dead skin cells and revealing radiant new skin will make your tan last longer. Exfoliating makes a big difference to both the results and the way it fades.
3. Apply moisturiser to the skin the night before your tan, this will replace any moisture lost from removing hair and exfoliation and keep skin super smooth. Remember to pay particular attention to stubborn dry areas such as hands, elbows, knees and ankles.
4. We would recommend choosing an exfoliate/moisturiser that are not oil based, as they can leave a film/ barrier on your skin.
On The Day Of Your Spray Tan
On the day of your tan application have a shower at least 30 minutes before your appointment. Rinse off any products, oils, moisturisers and make-up, deodorant or perfume /after shaves.
If they are not properly removed the spray tan can look streaky, blotchy unnatural, unevenly coloured.
Wear loose, dark clothing and flip-flops or loose fitting shoes. Tight clothes and underwear can leave marks and ruin your tan.
Remove jewellery, pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie of some sort.
After Your Spray Tan
Do not exercise or swim while your spray tan is developing.
Do not shower or bathe for the development period (at least 8 hours) after your tan.
Use a light body wash which is mild and gentle so won’t strip your colour and is kind enough to use on your face.
Pat dry after showering- do not rub dry.
When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some colour wash off. Don’t worry. This is quite normal as it is only the colour guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied.
A sunless tan can begin to fade over time as the skin’s natural cells begin to flake off and regenerate. The more moisture in your skin, the longer your tan will last and the more natural it will appear. Hydrate the skin with quality moisturizers and drink plenty of water.
Moisturise as much as possible after your tan to extend the glow.
Never exfoliate immediately after a spray tan.
After 4 days, gently exfoliate your skin to help your tan fade more evenly.
Avoid long hot baths as they will reduce the effectiveness of your spray tan.
Chlorinated pools /hot tubs or sea water will make your tan fade so if you must use these, consider applying a waterproof sun screen to slow down the fading process.